In this great post we will present 50 baking soda uses.
Cleaning With Baking Soda
Baking soda or sodium bicarbonate is a truly fantastic product. It is cheap, readily available and versatile. Except for cooking, baking soda can be used for many different things. Can be used as a product for personal care or cleaning agent; and since it is natural, it is safe and effective. So, if you still have this pack of a sodium bicarbonate, which is located in a corner of your kitchen, you can use it for different purposes.
Baking Soda In The Kitchen:
- Use baking soda for washing fruits and vegetables. To do this, take 2-3 teaspoons and place in a bowl with cold water and then insert the vegetables. You can also put a small amount of soda on a wet sponge and thus wipe vegetables or fruit. However, do not forget to thoroughly rinse the vegetables before serving.
- To get rid of the smell of fish, dip raw fish in 1 liter of water with 2 teaspoons of baking soda. Keep the fish in the refrigerator for an hour. Rinse and wipe the fish before cooking.
- Soften the meat so it will overwrite it with baking soda. Keep the meat in the fridge for 3-5 hours, rinse it well before cooking.
- How to get rid of dirt with adust dishes, just let it boil a few glasses of water and 5 teaspoons of baking soda. In this insert burnt bowls and pans and let sit for a couple of hours or over night. The dirt will easily slip and your dishes will be like new.
- Since the soda used as a place, raising the dough, you can mix with your omelet. Add half a teaspoon for every three eggs and you can get light fluffy omelets.
- To get rid of odors food, moisten your hands and rub them with 2 teaspoons of baking soda.
- To clean cutting boards, make a mixture of 1 teaspoon soda, salt and water. Scrub cutting boards and wash it with hot water.
- Clean clogged pipes so they will pour a cup of baking soda in the tube and then pour a cup of hot vinegar (vinegar can heat up in the microwave). Leave some time to act. After that, pour 1 liter of boiling water.
- If you can not get rid of unpleasant odors in your garbage can, wipe it with a wet cloth sown with baking soda. Rinse the bucket with a damp sponge and let it dry. You can also sprinkle the bottom of the bucket soda before you insert a new trash bag.
- Remove tough stains from coffee and tea on your porcelain, by gently rub cups and plates with a damp cloth dipped in baking soda.
Baking Soda In The House Cleaning:
- To remove traces of crayons on the walls and wallpaper, use a damp cloth dipped in baking soda and gently rub traces of crayons.
- Baking soda can be very useful in the release of odors and stubborn stains, when your child spills something. To do so, clean the soiled place and gently rub with a damp cloth dipped in baking soda.
- The simplest way to clean carpets and paths to them gently sprinkle soda and suck up after 15 minutes.
- Wine stains and grease can be removed from the carpet, so that the first stain dry and sprinkle a greater amount of soda on the spot. Let stand for an hour, then vacuum up the rest.
- If you smell mold in drawers or closets, fill the top clean socks with 3-4 teaspoons of baking soda. Since the tie in a knot, leave it to hang in the closet. How would you keep the freshness, replace soda every month.
- To maintain your flowers fresh, wedding party by the vase and the water add a teaspoon of baking soda.
- Make a thick paste of baking soda and water. Use it to clean stainless steel and enameled iron.
- Clean oven, microwave oven and coffee machines with a wet cloth with a little baking soda to get rid of odors, all without a scratch.
- To remove the darkened surface of silver jewelry, make a thick paste of 2 tablespoons water and ¼ cup of baking soda. Take a damp sponge and apply to jewelry. Rub gently, rinse and dry. To polish the gold jewelry sprinkle a thin layer of baking. Pour a small amount of vinegar over the jewelry and then rinse. However, this cleaning technique should not be used for jewelry containing pearls or gems.
- Long smell of cigarettes can be removed by gently spraying upholstered chairs and sofas with baking soda. Let stand on the furniture for several hours and then vacuum.
- Place a decorative bowl with ½ cup of baking soda or on top of the cistern in the bathroom or on the floor. This will keep the smell in your bathroom fresh and clean. You can also make your own air freshener using equal amounts of baking soda and scented bath salts.
- To get rid of white water spots on your coffee table or other furniture, make a paste of 1 teaspoon of soda and 1 teaspoon of water. Rub the area gently in a circular motion until the stain disappears.
- Wipe the marble and other surfaces with a solution of 3 teaspoons of baking soda and 1 liter of hot water.
- You can remove stains from a bricks on the fireplace by washing them with a solution of ½ cup of baking soda and one liter of hot water.
Baking Soda In The Medical Cabinet:
- To prevent burns that become blisters, pour baking soda in a bowl with cold water, soak the cloth and put it on the burns.
- For a smooth and clean skin, polish face a paste of 3 teaspoons of baking soda and a few drops of water.
- If using soda as a mouthwash, put a teaspoon in half a glass of water. This liquid is effective and neutralizes bad breath.
- To relieve the symptoms of heartburn, drink a mixture of one teaspoon of baking soda and half a liter of hot water.
- To relieve mild headache, drink a mixture of lemon juice and a teaspoon of baking soda.
- Clean your artificial jaw and dentures with baking soda and water.
- If you wear a plaster over the summer and want to take some time to get rid of the feeling of itching, use a hair dryer, which is set to blow the cold, as biuduvali little baking soda under the plaster.
- You can get rid of smelly feet and dirt that sakljupa between the fingers, by creating a soothing bath. For this, use 4 teaspoons soda and mix with 1 liter of hot water.
- Keep toothbrushes clean, so that you soak them, and a solution of baking soda and ¼ ¼ water and leave them overnight. Repeat this process every week for two weeks. Remember to wash your brush before using.
- You can also use baking soda for teeth whitening. Just sprinkle a little on the brush during washing. Half a teaspoon of baking soda and peroxide toothpaste can be used as a substitute for toothpaste.
- To get rid of the problem of dandruff, moisten the hair and rub coarse threads, handfuls of baking soda. Then rinse and dry it. Do not use shampoo, and repeat this process every time you wash your hair. At first, your hair will be dry, but after a few weeks, it will become softer and without wings.
- Add two tablespoons of baking soda in warm water to ease your baby’s rash caused by diapers. If the rash does not pass or gets worse, immediately consult with your pediatrician.
- In order to alleviate the pain of bee venom, make a paste of 1 teaspoon soda mixed with a few drops of water. Apply this to the affected area of the skin and let it dry. Look for a help of the doctor if you feel difficulty in breathing or have a great swelling.
- For fast relief from sunburn and other iritacijakože, make a solution of 4 teaspoons of baking soda mixed with 1 cup of water and apply to the affected area.
- To maintain combs and brushes clean, soak them in a solution consisting of 3 cups of warm water and 2 teaspoons of baking soda. Shake them in the solution and let stand for about half an hour. Rinse and dry before use.
Cleaning Washing Machine With A Baking Soda:
- To bleach and enlighten your clothes, add ½ cup of baking soda in your usual dose of detergent. It also softens the water.
- To remove the smell of mothballs with your clothes, add the machine, ½ cup of baking during the washing machine.
- Chemicals can be removed from clothing your baby wash with mild soap and ½ cup of baking soda.
- To get rid of the stain of sweat, tar, and other stains before washing treat clothes with a paste of 4 teaspoons soda and ¼ cup warm water. For tough stains, leave the paste to stand for up to two hours before washing.
- Molded shower curtains can be washed at home, and all you have to do is to insert them into the washing machine with two towels on lightweight application, and add ½ cup of baking soda to your washing powder. Add ½ cup of vinegar during the rinse cycle. Do not put in the dryer after washing, just hang them to drain and dry.
Baking Soda Pet Care:
- Does your dog smell bad? Only basic rub a few handfuls of baking soda into his fur. This procedure will make the fur brighter and cleaner.
- If your pet is scratching their ears constantly, it can be an indication of irritation or ear mites. To ease the itching, use a cotton ball and soak it in a solution of one teaspoon of baking bikabone and cups of warm water.
- To keep away intruders with six legs from your pet’s bowl, pour baking soda around bowls of food. And do not worry, baking soda will not harm your pet if he accidentally drew language.
- To absorb odors, place a thin layer of baking under the container for the sand of your cat. You can also mix a little baking with sand until it changed.
Other Benefits Of Baking Soda
- To prevent grass and weeds growing in the cracks of your driveway and paths, sprinkle a handful of baking soda on concrete and rub it onto the broom in the cracks.
- Use a damp sponge and a little soda to clear resin with garden furniture.
- If you want luxuriant bloom, flowering plants that like alkaline solutions, such as carnations, clematis delfinijum and take a shower with a mild solution one teaspoon of baking soda and 2 liters of water.
- To maintain proper alkalinity of your pool, add 680gr of baking soda for every 38,000 gallons in your pool. If you follow this scale will expand the total alkalinity of 10 mg / L
- Make a soft paste of ¼ cup baking soda and ¼ cup water. Apply this paste on your grill with a wire brush and let sit for 15 minutes. To clean the grill of any dirt, dry by wiping with a dry cloth and place the pan on hot coals at least 15 minutes.